Tuesday 19 June 2007

Sex Toys

Ok did that get your attention!

Now we can get down to the serious nature of this post. Yes I said serious!!! OK it seems that the Transportation Security Administration is out to get your Vibrator! Be ware - those nasty TRA people are out to spoil your private and orgasmic fun! Thankfully SFGate.com has some advice for all travellers to take heed of. here.

It make me fearful for people like Renee who is mentioned in the article as being humiliated by employees of Delta when her 'toy' turned on in her bag - alerting security staff to page her and then laugh and make up jokes at her (and her husbands) expense. These are the same people that are 'guarding' the USA against terrorist threats... Hmmm?

I suppose it is here that I make a few jokes about being able to take everything with you - even your best every sexual partner (you know the one, all the buttons work, it never leaves the seat up and best of all it only requires batteries)

Jokes aside this is an important issue of personal rights and proper behaviour of staff involved with being able to examine your personal space and things. Now I might not carry a Dildo with me or a vibrator, but maybe I choose to wear brief style underwear, or I have a incontinence issue and need pads or something else equally embarrassing and personal about myself. My bag requires opening at the airport - these people should be responsible enough to not turn into juvenile morons and treat everyone with dignity and respect.

The post has many recommendations on it regarding how to pack your valuable belongings so take the time and check it over - remember with anything like this use your commonsense and pack it the check-in luggage. Or buy new toys at your destination!

Oh and thanks to Constance for that link - although I am not sure why she thought that I might need that kind of information... ummm yes well

Next.

We are currently battering down the hatches and awaiting the storm... according to the Australian Bureau of Meteorology we are expecting a large storm front to hit the coast line right where we live (well we are in land a fair way but still expect it). Forecast strong winds (maybe as high as Storm). New stations are prepared - to take your pictures and stories... SMH has a special hot line for mobile phone pictures, and the new look ABC site has some dire warnings.

With the storm last week in Newcastle hot in everyone mind we are all expecting something sever and dangerous. Hopefully, even if the storm is worse, we will not suffer the loss of life and injury that occur ed in the Newcastle area.

On to something else News related - the ABC site no longer has the 'Offbeat' section. this section used to post stories of a strange or weird nature. Funny things like those I have posted here. i am shocked and appalled at this removal. It was my most read section of all the news!!! Boo ABC Boo!!!

No no don't panic I found it - in the new 'My Tab' section... OK all is right with the world! fear not young man! yes I mean you...

To celebrate and make the Australian Customs officers feel better about there jobs after the above post, here is this little one about smuggling reptiles into Australia. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Smarter Than the Average Cat said...

I hate it when my sex toys are put on public display at the airport.

That's why I always take the batteries out of them before packing. Also, remember, vinyl and latex are your friends. Leave the stainless steel stuff at home.

You heard it here first, kids. Advice to live by.

Also, be safe during the storm!

Blog Archive